Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Challenge #2: "The Thing"

Ready for the next challenge? I hope so. It's another pretty simple challenge. Here are the two quotes that should prompt your memories.

"My primary motivation behind buying a car, despite the scarcity of my funds, was that I refused to be driven around town in a car with red and blue lights on top. Nothing slows down traffic like a cop." -Twilight, Chapter 1.

"There parked on the street in front of the house that never changed was my new, well new to me, truck. It was a faded red color with big rounded fenders and a bulbous cab. To my intense surprise, I loved it. I didn't know if it would run, but I could see myself in it. Plus, it was one of those solid iron affairs that never gets damaged." -Twilight, Chapter 1.

Let's see what your first car was. Maybe you still have it or maybe you haven't gotten one yet. You can scrap about how much you loved it or hated it. Do you remember the first time you had a flat tire? Or maybe you have a funny story about it. I want to see it!

Our guest designer is one cool chick, Mandy Starner.

My first car was a 1998 geo tracker...electric blue with a white convertible top. I loved it! I had 4 wheel drive in the winter, and the top back in the summer. I had it for a couple years, before we traded it in on a minivan. It made me sad when I would pass it on the road.


My first car was a 1990 Toyota 4Runner that I purchased (well I put a down payment and my parents paid the rest...then I made monthly payments to them like they were a bank. ha!) in 1998. It was "impulse red" and had over 100,000 miles on it. Luckily the previous owner was a car buff and it was in immaculate condition. I drove the hell out of it and when it almost hit 300,000 miles, it was time to trade it in. It had seen a few accidents, but the thing was so well built that an easily fixable dent was the worst effect. I miss it. If gas wasn't ridiculous (remember, I live in Germany now and it's about $7 a gallon on the economy) I would really get another one.

You have 2 weeks! I have not gotten a RAK in place yet, but keep checking back. I'm bound to find someone.

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm not sure how I missed this blog. I know it was coming up. My first car is still the car I drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope I have a picture or at least can find one with it in the b/g! My Dad didn't seem to care what I liked, rather what would last through bumps, bruises & Wisconsin winters so it wasn't until the truck I have now that I was actually excited about my ride & thought to take pics! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I'm lucky enough that my mom got a snapshot of me getting in my car on the way to college. It's the only one I have with my car. Here's my layout: http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=154558&user_id=9210

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great challenge!! I love these books so love these ideas. Here's my link http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh43/annieledger/first-car.jpg. Hopefully it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great challenge!! Here's my LO

    http://scrapbookdeals4u.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1

    Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is my page....www.jboscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

*beep*